The earliest historical evidence of Bananas has been found around 8000 BCE. Like coconut tree, the banana plant’s every inch has a useful existence.
Bananas are packed not only with potassium, but also good levels of vitamin C and magnesium. It is rich in vitamin B and also has trace minerals like iodine, iron, selenium and zinc.
They keep the heart healthy, are good for the gut and keep the bones strong.
HIGHLIGHTS ( Nutritional benefits )
• Banana is among the healthiest snacks, easy to carry and less vulnerable to contamination.
• Banana used for cooking is called plantain.
• Both yarn and paper can be made from banana plant and the leaf is used in making disposable plates and bowls.
Wines are made with grapes and apples. But, do you know about Banana wine and Banana beer ?
– Scarlet Banana, Blue Banana, Pink Banana, Snow Banana and False Banana are some of its interesting varieties.
– Banana flower, fruit, stem and trunk is used as food, its leaves are used in cooking as steam wraps.
– Banana plant and the leaf is used in making disposable plates and bowls.
– Try banana peel as a shoe polish. Rub it on the shoes and wipe off with a clean cloth.
– For a healthy and shiny mane, apply a mix of banana pulp and yoghurt.
– To prevent cracked heels, apply paste of banana mixed with turmeric.