Marital misery is on the rise. Experts warn of the ill effects of the blame game . Divorce rates rising every day in India. And thus marriage therapy is booming. Counselors says how lack of patience and non-compromising attitude is spinning life out of control. Peace and patience is the foundation of happiness of life, which we all need to understand.
Changing times : No One Is Happy
- Couples no longer believe in adjustment. The male ego is still high.
- 70 % of men still cannot take ‘no’ from a woman.
- Both men and women are having extramarital affairs.
- The bottom line is that no-one is happy.
- Men still want the best of everything, without wanting to really give in.
- While women today don’t want to compromise.
- Comparisons are only lead to disaster.
It’s not possible to break up and get a divorce every time you have a disagreement ! We have to be more proactive in valuing relationships.
Therapy is not like popping a magic pill. Most of the time, it involves dealing with emotions. Curb your expectations. Otherwise Relationships are going through a big shift.
Psychologist says, ” technology and social liberalization have changed the pattern of relationships. Couples now meet on the internet. People even chat with therapists online about extra-marital affairs. There is no quick fix to emotional issues”.