Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting. In the traditional form it is roasted in a cylindrical clay oven. Here chicken is marinated in yoghurt and spices in a tandoor. It is a popular dish from the Indian subcontinent and has become sought-after in other parts of the world.
Region: Indian subcontinent
Main ingredients: Chicken, Yogurt, Honey, Tandoori masala
Serving temperature: Hot
Variations: Paneer, Fish
But in today’s fast world it is very difficulty to make tandoori in the traditional clay oven. To fit into our latest lifestyle let’s learn making tandoori in microwave which can be easy and useful as well, as it does not require dip frying.
- Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. …
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. …
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook chicken on microwave until no longer pink and juices run clear.
How to Make Tandoori Chicken
- Prepare the marinade:
- 1.In a bowl add ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste, chaat masala, tandoori masala, oil, curd, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- 2.Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, over the skin and underneath it. Make small gashes in the chicken pieces for the marinade to coat it nicely.
- 3.Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
- 4.Char grill the chicken pieces on a griller or tandoor. Baste with oil at regular intervals.
- 5.Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Prepare tandoori masala:
- 1.In a pan dry roast cinnamon, peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and turmeric powder.
- 2.In a mortar and pestle grind the dry roasted spices into a fine powder. Masala is ready.
- 3.Tip: To make sure the chicken does not stick to the grill, glaze the grill with some oil.
- 4.If you are making it in an oven, the temperature needs to be around 250-300 degrees C.
- 5.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Chicken pieces with skin (2 pieces breast, 2 pieces of thighs, a couple of wings), Oil, Red chilli paste, Ginger and garlic paste, Chaat masala, Tandoori Masala, Oil, Curd, Salt, Lemon (juiced), Cinnamon, Black peppercorns, Green cardamom, Brown cardamom, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Cloves, Bay leaf, Turmeric